Care home fire risk assessments
This one day care home fire risk assessments course has been designed for managers, supervisors and those who have a responsibility to conduct and carry out fire risk assessments within a care home setting.
Who needs this training?
This course is suitable for personnel that have little or no experience in Fire Safety and Fire Risk Assessments as it covers all the basics that are required under the Regulatory Reform Order 2005. It will assist attendees in understanding factors to consider and methods of conducting this particular risk assessment in a care home.
Why is this training important?
Fire Services no longer issue Fire Certificates and it is up to the owner or manager of the establishment to carry out and implement the correct risk assessments for their premises.
- Understand the law relating to fire risk assessment
- Understand the fire risk assessment process
- To be able to promote safety awareness to staff and residents
- To understand the duties of the Responsible Person
- Understand the importance of emergency plans
- Identifying fire hazards
- Evaluating fire risks
- Causes of fire in care homes
- Detection, warning systems, maintenance and testing
- Means of escape
- Fire fighting equipment
- Staff training
- Preparing an emergency plan
- Practical risk assessment
Designed for: Employees and managers in social care and nursing homes who are responsible for the above
Course duration: One day.
Assessment method: Multiple choice examination.