Moving and Handling/Assisting of People
Moving and Assisting of People – ACCREDITED TRAINING
This one-day practical and theoretical course will give successful delegates a Level 2 accredited certificate awarded by “TrainerQuals Accreditation Body“.
Help reduce the risk of injury to your staff, residents/clients, by training them in a problem-solving approach specifically aimed at Health & Social Care.
- Legal framework around Moving and Assisting
- Ergonomic approach
- Musculo-Skeletal awareness
- Correct posture
- Safer movement principles
- Risk Assessment
- High Risk controversial moves
- Practical sessions and use of equipment
Duration: One day
Assessment: Continuous throughout the day.
Cost: £500 plus VAT, up to 8 trainees – on site.
Moving and Assisting of People – NON-ACCREDITED TRAINING
This programme is designed to keep both the cared for, and the carer, safe when assisting people to move. It provides a basic knowledge and understanding of the principles of safe moving and assisting following the guidelines of the Royal College of Nursing. It covers the legal requirements associated with moving and assistling of people. The most basic course is 3 hours but can be expanded into a full two days to suit your requirements. Course programme includes:
- Legislation and legal requirements
- Moving and assisting assessments and care plans
- Safe handling principles
- Moving and assisiting policies
- Anatomy of the spine
- High risk and controversial practices
- Using equipment
- Moving and transferring people