Day Nursery risk assessments
Running or setting up a day nursery is a very demanding job in itself. The main concern being the well-being of the children. However, there are other things that have to be addressed as required by legislation or the licensing authorities. Health and safety issues being one of them.
If you are not a safety practitioner it can all be very confusing and time consuming. Hiring a safety consultant will help but this will be very expensive.
To assist day nurseries we have further developed our series of generic risk assessment documents.
This latest document includes:
- a suggested Safety Policy for the nursery;
- over 30 health and safety procedures to assist in your legislative and licence requirements;
- as well as general risk assessments that cover most physical parts of the nursery and the usual activities likely to be undertaken.
The document follows the well established formats used in our popular school series of risk assessments.
The assessments include:
- Common hazards and activities
- Who may be harmed and how?
- Suggested established control measures
- Suggested risk rating (High. Medium or Low)
- Method of documenting the results
- Review forms.
This combined document will save a great deal of time if setting up a safety policy from scratch as well as assisting those with established safety management systems to bring them up to date.
As with the school documents, this effectively turns the assessments into a set of standards for you to make comparisons with. If you have these standards, or control measures in place, simply tick them off and the job is done. If they are not in place, use the suggested control measure, or insert your own. The aim is to reduce the risk to the lowest level reasonably practicable.
Everyone who has commented on the use of our documents has agreed that they make the risk assessment process much easier than without them.
To order your copy, simply complete the order form and send or fax it to us.
Orders are normally despatched within 5 days. If you would like any further information please do not hesitate to contact us on 01939 261539 or email firstname.lastname@example.org